At 10:32 -0500 8/12/05, Reynier Perez Mira wrote:
>Well .. I check later the page you leave me. What's means "foo" ?? I
>can't understand complety your sentence because I not know what's
>mean "foo".
>
>Soury I'm cuban and pratice english only in this way

"Foo" means that the word is a variable and you need to substitute it
with the actual meaning.

     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foo

Remember folks, not everyone speaks English as a first language round
here. Nor does everyone necessarily understand cultural references
that seem obvious to you. Especially ones that relate to programming
culture.

I'm not suggesting that people dumb down or that people on this list
shouldn't occasionally confront something new (otherwise how are they
supposed to learn?), but just to remind people that simple, clear
writing is a winner in any language.

Lastly, always try to write as informative a subject line as you can
when you start a thread on the list - it really helps the other list
members to decide whether they even bother to read your message in
the first place, and then it helps people searching for answers in
the future which makes the list better for everyone.

Alex Robinson
css-d moderator