Rachael Beale wrote:

>Page: <http://www.beale-family.net/beta/monitoring-simple.htm>
>CSS: <http://www.beale-family.net/beta/css/layout-stripped.css>
>
>In IE6, the top margin of #centrecontent appears to be measured from
>the bottom of the navigation div, which means there is a large white
>gap between the bottom of the navigation and the "breadcrumbs". In
>Firefox/Opera/Safari, the margin is apparently being measured from the
>top of the #page div.
>
>I thought this might be the "collapsing margins" issue, but applying
>borders and padding to everything I could think of seemed to make no
>difference.
>
>What am I missing here??

It seems like a margin collapsing issue to me too.  Unfortunately, I'm
about to run out the door, so I can't dig into right now.  It seems like
you should be able to remove the top margin on #centrecontent, give it
1px of top padding, then give .trail the appropriate amount of top
margin to push it down from the navigation bar.

Zoe

--
Zoe M. Gillenwater
Design Services Manager