Geoff Krajeski wrote:

>I am looking to style an ordered list with colored blocks with a number
>inside.  How can I get an orange block with a white number inside
>without turning the list item text white as well?
>
>See http://krajeski.net/list_item.jpg

There's currently no way to style list markers.  They aren't an HTML
element, nor are they pseudo elements.  So, you'll need to use images to
accomplish the look you are going for.  Since the numbers are most
likely part of your content and not just decoration, I would not use
background images in CSS to do this, but place the images directly in
the HTML using the img element. You can float them to the left and give
the text a large enough left margin to create space for them.

Zoe

--
Zoe M. Gillenwater
Design Services Manager