On 1/2/2006 9:53 AM Charles Dort wrote:
> I have been collaborating a little with an online colleague on a project
> some of you may have seen.  I tried to make a CSS version of something that
> had worked well in a table, and it works as I expected except for a very
> small gap between the "logo goes here" placeholder at the upper left corner
> and the vertical menu bar below it at the left side of this page:
>
> http://personal.cfw.com/~theophan/temp/temp.html
>
> http://personal.cfw.com/~theophan/temp/temp.css
>
> It also "breaks" the circle in the image.

An image in an in-line element and so there's a little space below the
baseline for the descenders on text (the tail of a g, for instance. To
remove that extra space, add:

#left_box img {display: block}

to your style sheet.  It might cause other problems later so you might
want to give the image an id and just apply the style to it.

--
Steve Clason
Web Design and Development