Roger Roelofs wrote:
>> 2.  Instead of doing stylesheet switching, the other thing
>> I was thinking of was putting all my styles in one
>> stylesheet and just change the class of an outer tag (i.e.
>
> It is a personal preference thing.  I prefer option 2 with an ID on the
> body element.  I've used section specific stylesheets before, but in my
> case it didn't work real well because our developers started copy and
> pasting common stuff into multiple sections.  I prefer 1 (or a few) well
> commented sheets.  Option 2 can be more efficient for the client because
> it caches well and lowers the number of requests the browser has to make.

Hey Roger,
That is exactly what I was thinking regarding multiple stylesheets and
stuff getting cut and pasted all over the place.  Granted, there would
be some of that within that one stylesheet, but it's still much easier
to manage.  Plus, like you said, I can put some good commenting in there
to let any other developers know what is happening if they see it for
the first time.

I like the benefit of the caching, as well.

Thanks for the info.  This was exactly what I was looking for!

Mike