> Search engines ignore CSS files. Even if they start indexing them, it would
> be a labour intensive code disaster. Image trying to define alt/title
> attributes for your "catchy header slogan" background with your top
> two/three keywords in mind. And, let's say you have a small web site around
> 50 pages where you have to nominate different keywords for every page in
> order to maximise your SEO outcome. See where I am getting? This would be
> against the core principles of CSS which I believe to generate more with
> less code in size.

Silly me, and I always thought alt attributes are there to provide
humans with images turned off or incapable of seeing them with
information they need. All we need to think about is search engines!
That makes live so much easier! How do I invoice a search robot?

I also thought CSS was there to store every information that is purely
presentational and that less code is simply a welcome by-product of
that logical separation of content and presentation.

--
Chris Heilmann
Blog: http://www.wait-till-i.com