On 1/16/06, JJ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> If I'm using divs with IDs for layout, is there any reason to use one or
> the other convention in my stylesheet?
>
> div#content {...
>
> #content {...
If you need to differentiate between div#content and [something
else]#content (on multiple pages), then div#content would be logical.
Otherwise, since there will only be one #content on a page anyway, I'd
go with #content.

> When specifying margins of 0 width, is one or the other of the following
> better for any reason?
>
> margin: 12px 0 5px 0;
>
> margin: 12px 0px 5px 0px;

Since 0 is unitless, I (personally) think that the extra px is a waste
of space, though some people like to keep it so that they can change
the value more quickly.

> What is the reason I see in some stylesheets for applying the same styles
> to both 'body' and 'html' elements?  I guess I don't understand the need
> for the 'html'.
My guess for this would be that some browsers handle the two
differently (personally, I just apply styles to both to be safe).

Ricky