Bruce MacKay wrote:
> http://temporarius.massey.ac.nz/test6.asp

> However, when I shifted the test page onto my server, the fonts look
>  one size too big in IE6 at its default text size of "medium", while
>  they continue to look correct in FF, NN, Opera and IE6.

> What am I missing here - what basic mistake am I making?

This:

<!--include file="myPWS.inc"-->

...on top in your source code makes IE6 go into quirks mode (as IE5).

However, IE6 isn't tricked by this:
body {
        font-size: x-small; /* IE5 Win */
        voice-family: "\"}\"";
        voice-family: inherit;
        font-size: small;
        }
...so IE6 will see 'small' and render it one size larger just like IE5
would - if it could see it.

That's a complicated way to say that...
1: you should clean up your source code and decide whether or not you
want to run IE6 in quirks mode, as anything above the DTD will make IE6
forget all about standard mode.

2: the 'voice-family' and the 'be nice to Opera' hacks should be
avoided, and a more "bulletproof" solution that doesn't use keywords
should be used instead. Percentages are better for font-size on body,
and even IE6 understands them.

regards
        Georg
--