Jacob,

On Jan 25, 2006, at 5:21 PM, Jacob Reiff wrote:

> I've got an issue with this site: http://tinyurl.com/byzgd
>
> In Firefox (both Mac and PC) - when you contract the window size
> horizontally to the point of being smaller than the content
> container, the site breaks apart a little bit and some of the content
> on the right hand side shifts into unreadable territory. (It's much
> easier to see it visually than to explain it.)
>
> The behavior I would like is shown in Safari and IE6/Win (with the
> IE7 script), where if the window is contracted horizontally, the
> content stays in its container and the horizontal scrollbar provides
> access.
>
> If anybody has a clue how I can get Firefox to play along, I'd really
> appreciate it. Thanks!

I think firefox is the one that is correct.  What is happening is that
body and #shell have no specified width, but #container does.  The bg
image on body is set to centered.  If body is narrower than 876px, the
graphic is cropped from both the right and left, but the content stops
when it hits the left edge of the window.  The fix is to move the bg
image to #shell and give it a width to match #container

hth
--
Roger Roelofs
"Remember, if you’re headed in the wrong direction,