Looks completely do-able in CSS to me. The first page I'd divide into
two main DIVs, floating the first one left. Inside the first block,
labels with a set width (could be in ems though if a fluid layout is
required) floated left and cleared left, so that the input fields sit
neatly next to them. A cleared heading for the 'Types of Cases' bit.
Then the checkboxes in two groups, the first group floated left... And
so on. Footer clearing both blocks.

The main trick I use for CSS forms is to use a fixed width for floated
labels etc, so that they simulate a table-like layout. Traditional
right-aligned labels work in exactly the same way. You can also be
sure then that your containing blocks are the right width to hold all
that's in them. And the left-floated elements must clear the previous
left-floated element above. Enclosing a label/input pair in a div or
other block-level element makes it easier to keep them horizontally
aligned, but shouldn't strictly be necessary. (I'd be interested in
hearing of a bulletproof method for this.)

Hope this gives you some encouragement.

Chris