> To summarize, you need to feed Opera a 0px margin-left value
> via a hack,
> since IE and Firefox probably need that -1px setting due to rounding
> errors.
>
> Regards,
> Ron
>
> Hi Ron and others,
>
> What kind of hack would that be that is read by Opera but not other
> browsers? I'm not exactly a newbie and I've given up
> (thankfully) the notion
> that pages must look the same in all browsers, but but I'm
> still having
> problems figuring out how to get pages to *layout* the same.
>
> Thanks for any help!
> Bill

Bill-

I'm not very familiar with the various hacks that can be fed to the
different browsers, but after much poking around and some feedback from
others, I ended up using the "@ media" hack to feed the alternate values
to Opera 6 and above.

The hack and how to apply it in this particular instance are detailed on
my test page [0].

Regards,
Ron

[0] http://www.aurora-il.org/table_test.htm