On 2/2/06, Philippe Wittenbergh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> In my test case above, Firefox (1.5) and Safari (1.0 and up) are
> correct.

Now that I see the latest standard, I concur. At least, as far as I
can interpret it, that is:

"clear" means add to the top margin a value equal to the height of the
clear. If the margin is less than the height of the clear, then the
added value will always result in the height of the clear, and it will
always look the same. Only when the margin is greater than the height
of the clear, nothing is added.

So the first case is 0 + 80 = 80.
The next is 80 + 0 = 80.
The next is 100 + 0 = 100.
The last is -1 + 81 = 80.

Not a very helpful implementation I guess? - Isn't an alternative also
to give the floated element a bottom margin?

Christian Montoya
christianmontoya.com ... rdpdesign.com ... cssliquid.com