Pringle, Ron wrote:
>> Ron - thanks for checking! No, it's not fixed (wish it were!).
>>
>> The button should line up with the left edge of the box
>> above. I realize it
>> doesn't actually create an error but I just don't understand
>> why it's not
>> over on the left as in FF. I'm still learning CSS so I guess
>> every problem
>> is an opportunity :) Would just love to know why and what I can do to
>> rectify.
>>
>> edith
>
> Edith-
>
> It appears that this is a bug in IE [0]. Your input#reset is inheriting
> the 100px left margin from the #enquiry form container.
>
> To solve it, you will need to feed IE a -100px margin-left on your
> #reset. I added the following to fix it locally:
>
> * html #reset {
>       margin-left:-100px;
> }
>
> You may wish to place this in a conditional comment instead.

As an alternative to Ron's Fix, you may try

   zoom:1; /*[1]*/
on
   form

as IE7b2 still shows this bug
(did not re-re-reinstall IE6 yet, so I can't test it)

The negative margin does work on IE7 too, but not the star html hack. So
you have to put this into CC either way, since zoom does not validate.

Ingo

[1] http://www.satzansatz.de/cssd/onhavinglayout.html#hackmanagement

--
http://www.satzansatz.de/css.html