I nabbed this layout from the famous
http://www.fu2k.org/alex/css/layouts/3Col_NN4_FMFM.mhtml

My current progress is here: http://www.twilighted.com/ntc/

In IE 6, the footer is only pushed down by the left and right columns, but
not the center column.  This can be fixed by resizing the window, but the
initial load is bugged.  This bug is mentioned in the source code, sort of:

CSS HACK:  position:relative needed by IE6 otherwise the header and col 2
don't show up on initial rendering - they're there but you have to minimise
the window or switch to another app and back to see the full effect. But
IE5(pc) doesn't like it. And nor does NN4.
NB. the use of pos:rel has to go way beyond skin-deep - any nested element
that needs a background colour appears to require to be be relatively
positioned

That's not exactly the same bug I'm seeing, but it's similar.  I've tried
adding everything with a background color to the pos:rel list, but it hasn't
helped.  I've also tried removing the background color from everything, but
that hasn't helped either.

Another slightly more minor bug is that when the window is shrunk, IE 6
pushed the navs to the bottom of the page.  Any advice for either problem?

Thanks for any help. :)

--
Michael Clayton
www.twilighted.com