On Mar 7, 2006, at 9:09 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>> Yes, that is the same background-repeat bug when the image is larger
>> than the size of the box.
>>
>> The bug has been fixed in nightly Webkit builds, (future versions of
>> Safari).
>>
>> BTW - Konqueror 3.5 appears to suffer from the same bug.
>>
>> Philippe
>

> Thanks Philippe
>
> So... is there no hack or fix, other than to create a new graphic
> with added white space on top? It's not the end of the world, but I
> was hoping not to create a unique graphic just for this situation.
> I've tried everything I can think of short of doing that...

As your box has a fixed width, you should be able to do it with just
on image, applied boxhead h2.
Else, add the 10px white part to the cap_type1_right.gif image.

What works as well, is the  CSS3 (draft) property: background-position-y

        background-position: 100% 10px ;  /* all browsers */
        background-position-y: 10px;  /* Safari 1.3 and 2.0 */

Note, I haven't tested this extensively,.... It works in a quick and
dirty test here, and doesn't appear to have side effects on other
decent browsers.
Please let us know how this goes.

Philippe
---