Brian Funk wrote:

>Keith Kaiser wrote:
>

>>OK! It's done.
>>help me out by taking a look and giving me some feedback.
>>
>>http://kaiserklan.com/roundtable
>>

>on WinXP IE6:
>
>Your menu is being obscured by the "starWrap" content below.
>
><http://www.stoneladder.ca/sandbox/temp/rt01.jpg>
><http://www.stoneladder.ca/sandbox/temp/rt02.jpg>
>
>Something is causing the menu to disappear when I try to move my curser
>to the links that are over the div id="starWrap" It looks like there is
>a gap produced in the menu where it intersects this div cutting it off
>from further exploring. I don't know the fix. sorry.
>
>Brian

Hi Keith,
First feedback: compliments for all the work you put in!

1.
In IE6 under Win98SE it's the same as Brian noticed...
I don't know the fix either, but as I remember well, this problem has
passed this list between now and 1 or 1.5 week ago. - It has to do with
the background of the submenu's in relation to other backgrounds or
something like that. I think it was Georg (Gunlaug Sørtun) who had
explicated the reason why, and also had a solution / hack / workaround
for IE.
Perhaps you can do a search in the list, or maybe Georg can help to
point to the right place. ;-)

2.
The html-validator reports some errors. I'm not sure, but maybe changing
to an other DOCtype can solve the < &lt; problem earlier in this thread.

3.
The css-validator cannot work because of the html-error, so checking the
css is somewhat difficult.

4.
It will depend of the monitor, but in the BLOG (sidebar) section I
allmost cannot see a difference in color between the red link (head) and
the red subtitle. The head/link is even some more blurring and has the
same intensity (on greyscale) as the blue background; with my
monitor/eyes I can hardly see it. - Also it is not immediately clear
that the link is a link (no underline), you have to hover over the link
to see the pointer change in the hand. - A more contrasting color for
the link + underline can solve this. See screenshot
<http://home.tiscali.nl/developerscorner/css-discuss/images/north-star-blog.gif>.

5.
In general, be carefull with colored words on colored backgrounds. There
has to be enough contrast and also enough difference in color. For
example, some colorblind people don't see anything of the blog-items as
they are now, reports the Colorblindfilter
<http://colorfilter.wickline.org/?a=1;r=;l=9;j=1;u=kaiserklan.com/roundtable;t=p>.

6.
Checking the many-many links with the WebDesignGroup link-checker
<http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/valet/linktest.cgi?url=http%3A%2F%2Fkaiserklan.com%2Froundtable%2F&date=&type=Full>

shows there are only a few not working. Congratulations again! :-)

Greetings,
francky