From: "Kenoli Oleari" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Can someone point me to some CSS code that works in IE Windows
> (along
> with other browsers) for creating a three column fluid and equal
> height layout where columns all adjust to the same length based on
> the one with the longest content and adjust fluidly with the browser
> window in the horizontal direction?  I'd rather have real "columns"
> than the "faut" layout using background colors.

This technique is simple to deploy and allows you to style each column
as you please:
http://www.projectseven.com/tutorials/css/pvii_columns/col3fluid.htm

It uses JavaScript to control the heights of the columns, which is
arguably no less natural than CSS hacks :-)

> An additional question.  Is there some way to get a dive to shrink
> fluidly to a size smaller that an image in the div?

Depends. Height + overflow hidden, clipping, and max-height are all
potential solutions. It depends on exactly the effect you are seeking.

--
Al Sparber
PVII

"Designing with CSS is sometimes like barreling down a crumbling
mountain road at 90 miles per hour secure in the knowledge that
repairs are scheduled for next Tuesday".