Kim,

On Mar 27, 2006, at 9:46 PM, Kim wrote:

> This seems like it must be so obvious, but I've looked at the <head>
> about a million times and can't see what's happening.
>
> Basically, I have a test page that is using a stylesheet. Only Safari
> recognizes the stylesheet and displays. For some some reason Firefox
> and IE don't see it. I'm assuming something in the head or doctype of
> my page is wrong, but I can't seem to figure it out. Help! :)
>
> http://www.theibisnet.com/test/index.html

Save as: options: encoding: utf-8 no bom (and change the meta
http-equiv="content-type..." to match.  The BOM is a 'byte order mark'
and is required for utf-16 so the reader knows how to read the two-byte
characters in the file.  it is fairly uncommon on web pages as you
discovered.

hth
--
Roger Roelofs
"Remember, if you’re headed in the wrong direction,