On 4/5/06, Bill Walton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Sorry to bother you guys again, but I pasted the stylesheet in the W3C
> css-validator and got the results below, which I totally do not understand.

>   a.. Line : 2 (Level : 1) You have no color with your background-color :

This is a warning, not an error, and is intended to call attention to
the possibility that an inherited colour might be the same as the
background colour you've used, and so make any text in the element
invisible.

You can ignore it or do what I tend to do, which is to insert a
"color: inherit;" to explicitly tell the validator that I indend the
text-color to be inheritited.  That makes my css file slightly larger,
of course.

But warnings are just warnings...

--
Ed Seedhouse