Ray wrote:

>Working on the initial stages of a layout, which floats an image across
>a portion of the page masthead, in the upper right corner of the page.
>In Firefox 1.5, at resolutions around 1024 wide, the image disappears.
>At lower resolutions the page works properly.
>The page is here:
>http://re.ality.org/acts/wp-content/themes/acts/layout.html
>
>Can anyone offer any insight as to what's going on, and how to correct it?
>Surprisingly, the page works as I want in Internet Explorer.
>Not sure if the operating system has any bearing, but I'm running XP
>Pro(x64)
>
>tia,
>Ray

Hi Ray,
Under Win98SE it is just the same: when the inner side of the client
window has a width of about 935px or more, in FF (and in Opera too) the
image is gone.
I didn't analyse exactly what is going on, it seems the floating
#butterfly needs to get the full width of the page - then the img has to
get a no-repeat and a positioning on the right side.
See testpage
<http://home.tiscali.nl/developerscorner/css-discuss/test-acts.html>.

Greetings,
francky

btw1:
The #header still has to be funetuned for enlarging the font-size in the
browser.

btw2:
The left padding of 1px in the #footer causes an horizontal scrollbar;
don't see why it is needed. I dropped it in the example, conceited as I
am. ;-)