Greetings.

I have a question, which basically consists of "how do I do this..."

What I want is to have a webpage that contains a wide table (wider
than the screen, so horizontal scrolling will be required).  Elsewhere,
outside of the table, is text, often formatted into paragraphs.
Surrounding all of the text and tables, I want to have a border
(I also want a background colour).

What I have right now at
http://www.math.mun.ca/~dapike/family_history/pike/DNA/index.php?content=results.html
very nearly works.  It does work in MSIE as I would like it to.
But it does not work in Mozilla Firefox as I would like it to... the only
problem is that the text portions are continuing off-screen (that is, the
text is expanding to the width of the wide table).

So what I really want is for the text portion to somehow stay confined
to the screen width, but for the surrounding border and background colour
to expand to the width required by the wide tables.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks,

- David.