From: "Austin, Darrel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>> hover links to expand the submenus.  The thing is, some of
>> the lists get *really* long, and when you hover over a menu
>> selection, the dropdown will fall below the viewable area of
>> the screen

> This seems less of a CSS issue and much more of a design/IA issue.
>
> Personally, I think this is a good example of when NOT to use
> fly-out
> navigation.

Even though our more advanced scripting solutions address this (by
shifting the submenus up), I agree wholeheartedly. When drodown or
flyout menus have more than 6 or 7 items, it is probably time to
rethink the navigation design.

--
Al Sparber
PVII

"Designing with CSS is sometimes like barreling down a crumbling
mountain road at 90 miles per hour secure in the knowledge that
repairs are scheduled for next Tuesday".