From: Mike Botsko
Sent: Monday, April 17, 2006 11:40 AM

> http://www.botsko.net/test.html

> That I am designing a very basic set of links. In the real
> site, the header will limit this area to a min-width of
> 600px. The number of links within this area will vary. If
> there are too many, I want them to wrap to the next line.
> However, I don't want the link text itself to wrap, so that a
> link is broken between two lines. I just want the entire link
> to be pushed to the next line if the first line is too long,
> I don't want it to wrap the link itself otherwise the gray
> box starts on one line and ends on the next - very ugly. I
> need this to work in IE 6+, Firefox, Safari.

Add float:left; to your #subCatLinkBox a rule, i.e.,

#subCatLinkBox a
{
      /* all your other rules */
      border: 1px solid #ccc;
      float:left; /* the new rule */
}

You *may* have to add a clear:left; to the section following your
div#subCatLinkBox.

However, you may want to look at marking these links as an unordered list
instead of many div's containing a single link.

See the wiki for List tricks [1], which includes a link to Listamatic [2]
which should prove really helpful. If you want the links to appear in
columns, then the wiki multiple column lists [3] may help.

[1] http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=ListTricks
[2] http://css.maxdesign.com.au/listamatic/
[3] http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=MultipleColumnLists

--G