> Do you mean too wide?
Yes

>Don't forget to include borders, margins & padding in your math.
>&
> Temporarily give each div a separate background color, to make it easier
> to visualize just what's happening with each div and its margin and
> padding.

The reason I was off mathmatically is due to the #leftnav that sits in the
left margin of #content. Used the Web Developer to straighten things up.

> Your 50em overall width means at 800x600 a user with the browser default
> default font size will have a horizontal scroll. Cutting back by 2em
> fixes it.
>&
> "margin: .5em 1em .5em 1em;" is the same thing as "margin: .5em 1em;".

Thank-you, great tips.

The only problem left that I can see is in #button that sits in #leftnav.
There is a light blue border that divides the buttons.  In Netscape this
line disappears between 3 of the 10 buttons.  The different shades of blue
rollover does work within each button.

Has anybody come up with this problem?
The code is below.
The web site is: http://trisms.com/New/Max.html