>> CSS wouldn't be fun without IE.

> Does IE7 style a HTML comment?
[...]

Guess IE7 has to count in comments, since some might be conditional ones
that it shouldn't miss.
Also: if IE7 ignored comments (as it should) then all those nice 'quirks
mode' triggering comments in and around the DTD would fail too :-)
Maybe we'll have to make the DTD comments conditional ones - just to be
on the safe side ;-)

Can we style the comments to 'display: none;' too ?
Would give us the perfect tool for styling in and out of IE7, and making
valid nonsense appear or disappear in IE7.

How about...

html+*+body {display: none;}
html+body {display: block;}

...and a nice little comment above body.
Just a thought, as maybe IE7 will count - and style - all comments in
the head too, and maybe even the head itself..?

> And will a comment react on hover?
>
> p+*+*:hover {background: fuchsia}
>
> Sure.
>
> http://www.satzansatz.de/cssd/ie7apr25_sibling2.html
>
> Screenshot (build 5346.5, April 25).:
> http://www.satzansatz.de/cssd/ie7apr25_sibling2.png

Hilarious!
We can make a whole series of IE7 hacks out of that comment-behavior, if
they keep it as is.

CSS sure is fun... and it keeps getting funnier with each "upgrade" of
Internet Explorer.

        Georg
--
http://www.gunlaug.no