Mark Fellowes wrote:
> I think this is probably obvious to me but at the certainty of sounding
> stupid I'll ask.
> I am working on a liquid / fluid layout, 3 columns using floats.  If it's
> relevant this is the rough layout: http://pamshop.com/Template1/exp10.html
>
> I'm considering using a one image rollover navigation thing.  Haven't done it
> yet but essentially there will be a graphic image as a background.  Since the
> divs are all in percentages, is there anyway I could get that graphic to not
> break on either a smaller or larger monitor resolution ?

Depends on the background image i guess and whether you can repeat it
horizontally. If you only apply the background image to the links and
not the list and give each <li> a left and right margin in % it could work.

I've got a friend with a stupidly wide monitor (32") and he browses
without sidebars and with the window maximised, not to mention hi-res.
On that screen you'd get some /really/ sparse links so it might be
better to fix the width of the navigation or alternatively set a
max-width. The only problem there is in needing a javascript fix for <=IE6.

Keep us posted, i'm interested in seeing what you come up with,

    Rob