Proper link to behaving page. Improper wording. Reg1.html, the misbehaving
page, is validated. No errors -- CSS errors are all leading underscore
related, and shouldn't cause the problem, since reg.html displays properly
in IE using the same CSS.

HTML in question:
http://www.CarpentersForChrist.com/LayerTest/reg1.html

Validation of HTML in question:
http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.carpentersforch
rist.com%2FLayerTest%2Freg1.html

> To get the difference, I should advise to isolate the problem by
> commenting out parts of the (overwhelming table-) code you got, see
> where the css is going wrong, and correct IE in that place(s).

You're not doing this the right way. You should point out the problem
(concisely, hopefully) and let me be on my way! I don't mind hacking that
beast down to size, but was hoping a quick glance with fresh eyes would shed
some light on where to hack first.

> ps-1: the css-validator can be made happy by replacing the 3
> IE_underscore hacks by a conditional comment.
I'll look at that.

> ps-2: beautyful css-hovers instead of the html-absorbing js-hovers
> should be some good work too. :-)

I agree, but not my call. They'd also benefit from being added using SSI,
not hard coded into every single page, but that is a story for a different
day.

--G