On 5/9/06, Paul Collins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Just wondering if anyone could let me know how to link to an external
> style sheet in the body of the page, using a method that validates and works
> for browsers back to Netscape 6, Opera 7, IE 5.0 on PC, IE 5.2 on Mac?

Well... as most people have said before, you have to have the <link> tag in
the header, nothing else will validate.
But I also see your dilema, after working with many sites with external
content.

If you are allowed to use javascript on your site, you could use dom to add
a new stylesheet from that code-snippet. That should validate.... and work
;)