On 5/17/06, Kenny Graham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm trying to make what should be a simple header.  Problem is that I
> want it to expand properly with enlarged text sizes.  The entire
> header has a background color.  In the center is a centered <h1> for
> the page title, and at the left is an img (a transparent png logo)
> followed by a span containing the site title.
>
> Here's where it gets fun.
>
> The logo, of course, is a fixed height.  It has more height than I
> want the background color to be at normal text size.  I want the
> difference in height to be split above and below the colored
> background.  So if the logo is 100px high, and the background color is
> 80px high, i want the image to start 10px above the background color,
> and overflow 10px below it.  I also need short text above the header.
> Here's a graphic:
>
> http://www.kennygraham.net/help/small.png

What if you gave the logo image:

#logo { margin:-10px; }

This would allow the H1 to collapse on it, right? As in the H1 would
only try to contain the height of the logo - 20, instead of the full
height? It usually seems to work this way.

Christian Montoya
christianmontoya.com ... rdpdesign.com ... cssliquid.com