Lassi Heikkinen wrote:

> I found a nice CSS thumbnail gallery which I have converted to
> own styles: http://www.pulu.org/temp/cssgal/thumbgal.html
>
> The rows are sorted according to window's size, so by resizing
> the window the images are changing rows.
>
> What I want is that each row should always contain same number
> of images (excluding the last one) in all situations. For
> example in my current setup I have 5 images in the first row,
> 2 in the second, 5 in the third, 1 in the fourth and 1 in the
> fifth. When it should be 5-5-4. The width will be static and
> height varies.

You'll have to prevent the height from varying. Give them a
height in ems and experiment with different font-size settings in
the browser to find the best height. As soon as the heights
differ (even 1px), the stacking will be troubled and you won't
have your desired layout.

> clear: both; after each row would be a semi-good solution but
> then I would lose the flexibility.

Indeed, that's not an option then.

--
Els