Suzanne Goodwin wrote:
> Hey, David: Thanks for your reply! I actually want the white
> separation, but can't Safari or IE to behave. Adding negative padding
> or margin to #bar has no effect.
>
> David Laakso wrote:
>> Suzanne Goodwin wrote:
>>> but now I see it's the same in Safari... can someone please help me
>>> figure out why I don't have the 1px white space between the navbar
>>> (#bar) and the branding area (#top) in IE and Safari that I see in
>>> Firefox?
>>>
>>> http://www.skydogtech.com/pinck/html/
>>>
>> See if adding padding-bottom: 1px; to the #bar ruleset closes the gap
>> in FF.
>>
>> Regards,
>> ~dl

Adding margin-bottom: 1px; to the #bar ruleset gives the separation on
my end in XP_IE6.0; and, Opera9beta(your page has no separation in IE or
Opera)-- however the horizontal separation  appears just ever so
slightly thicker in Opera. I do not have Safari. Its on my server until
midnight tonight if you want to check to see if this is what you are
after: <http://www.dlaakso.com/chelsea/boston.html>
Best
~davidLaakso

--