> Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 20:50:33 -0400
> From: "Al Sparber" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: [css-d] Pseudo class links
> To: <css-d@lists.css-discuss.org>
>
> From: "Doug Niven" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I've found that a big problem using Dreamweaver or other HTML design
software is in styling links, as the software seem to like to apply
styles outside of an <a> tag using a  <span> or some such rather than
applying it to the tag itself.

This is an inherent problem related to  <a> tags as browsers have a
built in style for links that overrides any style applied outside of
the tag.  I frequently have to go in and tweak a lot of code related
to  link tags when I forget this about  Dreamweaver.

The problem doesn't exist, for instance, when the software uses a
been applied to the <p> tag.

The it took me a while to develop an eye for "seeing" issues affected
by the cascading aspect of CSS in situations lie this.  It always
comes up with <a> tags because of their default "style".

--Kenoli