Hello all,

I hope this is not too foolish of a question. I am working on a site for
a friend (I didn't select the colors <g>). The
site is located at: http://www.conditioncritical.net/ and the css is at
http://www.conditioncritical.net/css/style.css

What I would like to do on this site can be seen at:
http://test.conditioncritical.net/ (only the homepage at this location
shows what I am trying to do with images in the top of the page - all of
the menu links link to the main pages).

Basically I want to have an image across the top of the content area as
shown on the test page. However, the live site is of a fluid design and
I am wondering if there is any way to accomplish a fluid design while
having a top image. I imagine way to do this is to have the image much
wider than is expected to be needed and somehow hide the excess width if
the browser window is narrow. Unfortunately I don' t know how to
accomplish such a feat.

I would also love to have random images show up each time, but I realize
that is outside of the scope of css. Once I know how to properly get the
images displayed with a floating design, I will initially have a
different image for each page. Random images might come later :)

As part of the implementation of the top images I plan on changing the
menus on the live site to the non-attached menus like on the test page,
however, I have to stick with the same colors as on the live site.

Thanks for any feedback/suggestions on the above and the site.

Regards,

Dale

p.s. the css does validate, but with a few warnings. I am working on
correcting those. And I do realize while the css does validate, it
doesn't mean it is the most efficient code.