> From: Daniel Kessler
>
> I am trying to make all the links in my content section to be
> a particular color.  Since I noticed that all the content is
> in <p> tags, I tried to set the links for p tags to that color. I did:
> p a{
>       color: #1863B5;
>       text-decoration:none;
> }
>
> That seems to work with anything in the second paragraph but
> not the first paragraph in this page:

http://hhp.umd.edu/events/systems_thinking/content/systems_thinking_5.cfm?q_
1=c&q_2=b&q_3=b&q_4=b&q_5=b&q_6=b&q_7=b&q_8=b&q_9=b&q_10=b

> The links aren't in the most inner <p>, but they are in a <p>

Daniel, the problem is that you're nesting <p> tags, which is not allowed:

http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/text.html#h-9.3.1

Load your page in Firefox and use either the DOM Inspector, View Source
Chart, or FireBug extensions, and you will see how the browser has
interpreted your HTML. The <a> elements in question are not inside a <p>
element at all.

Also try validating your page here:

http://validator.w3.org/

-Mike