Nick Lehman wrote:
> I came across this while trolling through someone's css file:
>
> body {
>          font: 62.5%/1.6em "Lucida Grande", Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;
>          color: #000;
>          background-color: #FFF;
> }
>
> what is the intent of the size calculation "62.5%/1.6em"?
>
> -nick
It is the font and line-height specification, /some/ might say, by an
author who is a control freak: 62.5% is the authors font-size
preference(in other words, the author is specifying her desire to  reset
the users font-size preference 37.5% /smaller/ than the user prefers).
And 1.6em is the authors line-height(leading) preference(in other words,
the author is specifying her desire to  reset the users line-height
preference .3em or .4em /greater/ than the user prefers). Default is
font: 100%/1.2 (or 1.1) sans-serif; (line-height is expressed as a raw
number, and does not carry a unit of measure such as px, em, or percent).
HTH
~davidLaakso
PS The above is my personal opinion and it not shared by all on this or
any other list.

--
http://www.dlaakso.com/gustave/