Quoting Mark Fellowes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> I've noticed a number of website , where graphics hang below or
> through various elements.  As an example: http://www.missiondata.com/
> where the logo is below the header into the content area.

the orange "drop shadowed" area to the left of the logo is one image.
The logo is another image.
The orange "drop shadowed" area to the right of the logo is yet another
image.
The remainder of the "header" color is a horizontally tiled background
image.

Pretty clever, but really not terribly complex. Just create the images
and then position them. You will notice upon enlarging text a little
that it will quickly walk off the "header" area and spoil the effect though.

--
Brian