Bruno Fassino wrote:
> What you could try is to /avoid/ layout on the anchor: add a div (or another
> element) around the anchor, give position:absolute to this new element, and
> remove it from the anchor (as well as any other layout trigger like
> height:1% that you have now.)
> ... The only other workaround that I
> know is not a CSS one: use javascript to add (for IE5.0 only) an onclick
> event handler that emulates the normal anchor behaviour.

Bruno,
in [1], you have two solutions, but in Jack's case, only 4:onclick
handler worked for me, not 3:negative z-index.

Maybe another bug is interfering. I've tried a similar approach as with
links not working when placed over an absolutely positioned element with
a filter [2].

http://www.satzansatz.de/cssd/tmp/noclick.html

This requires an additional inner wrapper of the a.p. link with the
dimensions of the image. But here, the negative z-index does the trick.

There is not much difference, however, but the anchor can still be
positioned.

Ingo

[1] http://www.brunildo.org/test/IEaL.html
[2] http://www.satzansatz.de/cssd/tmp/alphatransparency.html