    >   The content is donor level information.  So, it's just
    >   blocks of text w/ varied heights arranged as described
    >   above.  Is it really table "data"?
    >   I'm not quite sure.  That's why I wasn't sure if a
    >   table is appropriate or not.

Watch out - I asked a very similar question only a few days ago and got
mauled by a list admin for asking what was considered an off-topic question.

That said... I too would like to know what people consider the criteria for
table vs. css usage... With some less-obvious examples.  To me, if the data
is truly blocks of related "data" that one might see in a spreadsheet, that
seems to be a good case for using regular html tables.  But a few examples
from the more experienced list members, where they might have used tables,
would probably put the question to rest.