On May 25, 2006, at 12:11 AM, Paul Annett wrote:

> This definition list looks great in Firefox, but the positioning of
> the
> definitions is consistently not what I want across all versions of IE.
> http://www.nice-design.co.uk/dl/
>
> Which browser has it right? Do you have any ideas on how to make IE's
> presentation look like Firefox's?

IE win has a tendency to place floated blocks to high, and ignore
some clearing on previous floated blocks.
In your case, setting a width on the <dl> solves the problem
I used a value of 30em, adjust to taste or needs, as long as it is
higher than the sum of the widths+padding on the dt and dd. IE is not
really good at calculating em width either.

Philippe
---
Philippe Wittenbergh
<http://emps.l-c-n.com>