On 26.05.2006 22:32, Scott Haneda wrote:
>>I have read every vertical align thing out there, setting to table display
>>is not something I am into:
>>
>><http://www.newgeo.com/web/css/nik/start.html>
>>I like how if I + the font size, the box grows with it, and all is well.  I
>>was the white type to be sucked to the bottom, not the top, or even better,
>>in the middle.
>>
>>Any way I try it, the type eventually truncates on enlargement.

The only way I know is to position the
parent element relative and the child(ren) absolute.

.blueHeader {
        width: 760px;
         position: relative;
        /* padding-left: 10px; */
        background: #315563 url(grey_blue_corner.gif)
        no-repeat top right;
        min-height: 25px;
        _height: 25px;
        }

.blueHeader p {position: absolute;
        padding-left: 10px;
         /* background: #315563; */
         top: 12px;
         margin-top: -0.6em;
         /* value is corresponding with the line-height
            of 1.2 in this case. */
         }

Regards,
Uwe Kaiser