-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Philippe
Wittenbergh
Sent: May 29, 2006 9:25 PM
To: CSS-D
Subject: Re: [css-d] width:"100%" produces width:"150%" (not quite,but
almost)

On May 30, 2006, at 9:49 AM, Chris C wrote:

> Ok, here is the before of the website:
> http://hitech.lead2gold.org/view_teams.php
>

> Here is the after once I attempt to change the style of the table to
> width:"100%": http://hitech.lead2gold.org/stylebrken.php
>
> It looks terrible.... I don't know why it won't just keep the right
> margins
> like it does in this page: http://hitech.lead2gold.org/ (mind
> you... that
> last link I pasted doesn't involve tables)

Because your numbers don't add up.
The table has the correct computed width, but it pushed to the right
by some 22px.
The reason is in your #left: it has a computed width of 142px (width
+padding+border).
You #main has a margin-left of 120px, and this decides how much 100%
width on your table will be.
Then #left is pushing the table to the left slightly.

Philippe
---
Philippe Wittenbergh
<http://emps.l-c-n.com>