From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2006 7:17 PM -07:00
To: Mark Fellowes [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: CSS List [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [css-d] Elastic and liquid layout

Mark Fellowes wrote:

> David,
>
> You mean with the comments ?
>

> Mark
>

> > Yet to set the max-width but it seems that while it's now a
> liquid-elastic hybrid (?), I didn't realize it would lose the ability
> to fill up the view port , the advantage of a liquid design. It does
> look fine in 800x600px, but my viewport is set to 1360x1024 and it's a
> bit narrow. So am I'm doing something wrong ? I thought elastic
> provides in keeping the pro's of liquid and eliminates the con's.
>

> > http://pamshop.com/Template1/exp3.html
>

> > Mark
>

> I think if you do this, she'll open like a butterfly.
>
> body {
>
> /*font-size: 62.5%;*/
>
> }
>
> Regards,
>
> ~davidLaakso

At his point, I am not sure of anything, much less what I mean, unless
it is that you may want to do this:
html {font-size: 100%;}<<<<add this to the top of your style sheet so
that IE will not go goofy on zoom.
body {
    /*font-size: 62.5%;*/ <<<<<delete this from your styles on the body
declaration so that the layout will open like a butterfly
      font-size: 1em; <<<<< add this to the body declaration in keeping
with not having IE go goofy on zoom.
}
Best,
~dL