You define body to be 100%, then you define an element with an ID of body
(bad practice) to also be 100%. That is part of the problem.

Below is the style section I used to get the effect (I think) you are after
(tested on FF/WinXP).
html, body, p  /* Paragraphs also have padding/margin that need to be
adjusted as desired */
{
    margin:0; /* no need for px (or any other unit of measurement) on zero
*/
    padding:0;
}

div#header {
    background-color: #cceeff;
    height: 50px;
}

div#content /* Changed from #body to #content */
{
    background-color: #eeffcc;
    overflow: auto;
}

</head>
elit. Vestibulum leo massa, interdum molestie, tincidunt vel, luctus ut,
purus. Praesent a nunc. Aenean non ante sed eros auctor vulputate. Nulla
et velit. Nullam enim. Nullam in tellus. Donec id eros. Morbi tempor.
Nulla semper volutpat nulla. Nam sem ante, aliquet eu,.</p>
Vestibulum leo massa, interdum molestie, tincidunt vel, luctus ut,
[snip]

HTH.

--G