Hello,

Sorry if this is a foolish question, but I haven't found the answer
elsewhere so far. I have a small site at http://www.bear.net/ - the css
is at http://www.bear.net/css/default.css

When I run it through the Wc3 css validator at
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http://bear.net/  it
passes, however it gives a bunch of warnings almost all related to
background-color or color

For example:

    * Line : 15 (Level : 1) You have no background-color with your color
      : a:link
    * Line : 19 (Level : 1) You have no background-color with your color
      : a:visited
    * Line : 22 (Level : 1) You have no background-color with your color
      : a:hover
    * Line : 26 (Level : 1) You have no background-color with your color : a
    * Line : 31 (Level : 1) You have no color with your background-color
      : #header
    * Line : 76 (Level : 1) You have no background-color with your color
      : #header-items a
    * Line : 83 (Level : 1) You have no background-color with your color
      : #header-search-button:hover
    * Line : 83 (Level : 1) You have no background-color with your color
      : #header-search-button:hover
    * Line : 105 (Level : 1) You have no color with your
      background-color : #nav
    * Line : 128 (Level : 1) You have no background-color with your
      color : #nav a
    * Line : 133 (Level : 1) You have no background-color with your
      color : #nav a:hover
    * Line : 141 (Level : 1) You have no color with your
      background-color : #member-nav
    * Line : 167 (Level : 1) Same colors for color and background-color
      in two contexts #content and #member-nav ul li

And many more. I guess I missed where I am supposed to, for example, set
a background color for a:link, a:visited and so forth.

Thank you for any clarity on this subject.