Duckworth, Nigel wrote:
> Greetings All,

Hi,

> I'm working on a page which contains posts with an author
> image floated left, the text of the post down the right and
> wraps around the image. A problem occurs when there are
> blockquotes in the post. The blockquote has a background image
> quote mark and it disappears under the floated image. A
> similar thing is happening with DIV.hb, it's background image
> disappears but only in Firefox. Some posts will have the
> floated image while others will not, so I have to take into
> account both scenarios.

[snip]

> Markup with CSS here:
> http://newcleardesigns.com/lab/

If you give blockquote overflow:hidden or overflow:auto, the
problem is solved in Firefox and Opera.
If you give blockquote a height, the problem is solved in IE.
Use hacks to hide the overflow from IE and the height from
Firefox :-)

Tested only in IE6, Opera 8.54 and FF1.5.

--
Els
http://locusmeus.com/