Andreas HÃ¥kansson wrote:

>Hi,
>Since I didn't get any (?) feedback at all last time I thought I'd
>bring it back up. Its only minor glitches with a clean and small
>example and I'm really keeping my fingers crossed that you guys and
>gals can help me work them out. (Old post below)
>
>------
>OLD POST
>------
>
>Hi,
>I'm working on making a fairly simple css layout and have a couple of
>small issues that I need to resolve before it works in Explorer,
>Firefox, Netscape and Opera. I'm pretty confident that theres not
>much work needed to get it right and I'm hoping to get some pointers
>on how to fix it.
>Here is the example layout
>http://www.selfinflicted.org/css/layout_example.html
>
>Here is a list of things I've spotted in the various browers
>
>Explorer  6.0.2900.2180
>- No problems here.

Hi Andreas,
Then nothing to do for IE, just checking after other changes. ;-)

>Firefox 1.5.0.3
>- The 2px high gap between the blue box and the black line has
>disappeared

Deleting the height of the #header will help (is already defined by the
height of the #check).

>Netscape 8.1
>- Same as firefox since its the same engine

Netscape 6.2 is o.k. now, suppose higher too.

>Opera 8.54 Build 7730
>- Vertically centers the main layout =(
>- The background for the footer div gets messed up.

Deleting the {display:table;} in the #container and #footer will help.

With these changings, I made a testpage here
<http://home.tiscali.nl/developerscorner/css-discuss/test-selfinflicted.htm>.

>Also, is there any good cross-brower alternatives to the
>FooterStickAlt (which I use) method which doesnt suffer from the
>problem where it could end up hiding contents due to overlapping with
>the contents in the above layer?

I don't know by head, but maybe things are possible with {overflow:
auto;}, or you can get ideas from the WIKI footer page
<http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=FooterInfo>.
Some general remarks about fixed/not-fixed I put in the testpage: be
careful with fixing! - As the experimental page is now, it has some
(major!) issues in it...

Greetings,
francky