> The wiki doesn't say there is any issue with class="one two three" in IE. I
> use that extensively and haven't seen any problems with any browsers as far
> back as IE 5.0. The problem is when you try to use a CSS selector like
> .one.two {}, which doesn't work at all in IE. But you can certainly use .one
> {} or .two {} to match the class="one two three".

not quite true in my experience.  there are three bugs that i know
related to having multiple class/id names.  note that if you're only
working with classes, you only need to worry about the first one.

multiple classes bug:
http://www.quirksmode.org/bugreports/archives/2004/12/IE_CSS_rendering_bug_with_multiple_classnames.html

combining ID with class:
1.
http://www.quirksmode.org/bugreports/archives/2005/09/IE6_Multi_Class_Bug.html
2a.
http://www.quirksmode.org/bugreports/archives/2005/12/All_but_last_grouped_idclass_selectors_are_ignored.html
2b. http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=InternetExplorerWinBugs
[scroll to the bottom]

for those interested in voting or tracking on the ie feedback site
about multiple class/id, here's a couple of them:
https://connect.microsoft.com/IE/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=78368
https://connect.microsoft.com/IE/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=57394