Ian Young wrote:
> Good morning list,

Almost afternoon :-)

> Here's an interesting one
>
> Have a links surrounded by a div.
>
> The first link looks as required all others do not if they
> have url defined eg <a href="contact.html"> Contact</a> wrong
>
> More bizarrely on another server (the test bed) it works ok.
> Same page same style.
>
> How it should look:
> http://www.iyesolutions.co.uk/templates/vensite/links.html
>
> How it shouldn't:
> http://www.venachar-lochside.com/links.html

In my Firefox, both links look exactly alike.
In my IE6, the second link has a one character wide indent on the
last link in the list.
This is caused by lack of a closing </a> on the link before the
last.

BTW - there are two sets of links on your page - one in the
content, and one in the footer. Which one is causing you
problems? In neither of the two sections I see an obvious
difference in code between one version and the other, except for
the missing </a> and obvously the different paths to the images
and stylesheet.

> Now, I have never come across this before and the div works
> everywhere else on the site.

I don't see it not working.
On a sidenote though: why don't you mark up those links as lists?
They are lists of links, so why not use a list instead of a
series of paragraphs?

--
Els
http://locusmeus.com/