Tom Anthony wrote:

> Here is the dummy page just to show the problem in its
> simplest form:
>
> http://www.tomanthony.co.uk/css_padding/
>
> I want to adding 5px of padding to all the red boxes. I need
> the site to work in IE5.5/6, Safari, FF as a minimum.

Just add the 5px padding to the red boxes, but take out the 100%
width on them.

> Any suggestions for the neatest  way to add the padding and/or
> otherwise tidy up (lose some 'inner' divs?) the layout would be
> really appreciated!

That depends on what you want to do with this layout, but the way
it looks right now, I wouldn't lose any inner divs. Not if you
want the 5px padding on both the wrappers and the red boxes
anyway.

--
Els
http://locusmeus.com/