Hi,

I just joined the listserv and am seeking help on a new site I am coding
for my organization. I took an intro to CSS class a few months ago so I'm
still quite a newbie, but would like to build my experience using CSS.

Since this is a brand new site, I was able to start from scratch and build
it up following the basic procedures we learned in my class. However, when
I get to the more complicated layout stuff, that's when I feel like I'm
starting to resort to trial and error instead of actually knowing what I'm
doing.

If someone wouldn't mind taking a look at what I've done so far and letting
me know if there are any glaring errors I've made or improvements I could
make, I would be most grateful.

Also, I'm having trouble figuring out how to get a border separating my
mainnav div and my content div that stretches from the subheader to the
footer regardless of length of text in either box. Any help on this would
be most appreciated!

Here's the draft of the site so far:
http://www3.law.northwestern.edu/macarthur/

Here is the designed template I'm more or less basing it on:
http://www3.law.northwestern.edu/macarthur/graphics/MacArthur_website.jpg
(it doesn't show well in the image, but there is supposed to be a grey line
separating the nav area and the content area)

Thanks!
Janet